No more sticks and thick textures that leave marks, especially when you are no longer that young! More flexible and malleable, new fluid concealers just cannot be detected. Showcased as pens, in cannula tubes, or – most often – in small bottles with a foam tip, they reveal precious allies. Other trend: they are now available in a wide range of shades to suit all complexions, including dark skins.
Easy to work and more natural than sticks, fluid textures with foam tips, cannulas, or pencils prove essential as the end-of-year approaches and dark circles start appearing! They help provide a small, accurate quantity of product on dark circles (we always tend to wear too much concealer!) and perfectly melt on the skin, without highlighting fine lines. Both luxury brands and private labels are launching their own versions of this fatigue eradicator.
It is the most widely used applicator, the one that delivers the product exactly where the skin needs it, in the internal hollow of the eye and ring.
This flexible texture providing adjustable coverage was chosen by:
• Chanel (Le Correcteur de Chanel Long-Lasting Concealer, 7.5 g, €35, ten shades)
• Nars (Radiant Creamy Concealer, €28, 16 shades)
• Bobbi Brown (Instant Full Cover Concealer, €34, 15 shades)
• Too Faced (Born This Way Concealer, €28, 16 shades – travel size available, €13, two shades, in Sephora stores)
• Dior, in a waterproof and long-lasting version (Diorskin Forever Undercover One-Coat Camouflage Everlasting Concealer, €32, eight shades)
Supermarkets also offer their own concealers:
• Fit Me! Concealer by Maybelline New York (6.8 ml, €6.90, five shades)
• L'Oréal Paris Accord Parfait Concealer (6.8 ml, €10.50, 14 shades)
There is no way you will not be able to find YOUR OWN shade!
Une bonne correction!
This title paraphrases Serge Lutens, who named his palette ‘Une bonne correction' (a pun with the French expression for ‘Get a good hiding' and the term used for ‘concealing'). It can conceal all complexion imperfections, including dark circles of course (€150!)…
Cannula tubes provide more coverage and are more concentrated in pigments than foam tips. They provide a creamy texture and efficient concealing with only one coat. A few examples:
• Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear High Coverage Concealer (€32, eight shades)
• Guerlain Multi-Perfecting Concealer Hydrating Blurring Effect (12 ml, €34.50, six shades)
These light concentrates offer finer, lighter textures, but they delete all grey areas on the eye contour, like undefeated Touche Éclat by Yves Saint Laurent, who have created a Collector Edition with a sequined casing for the end-of-year (Touche Éclat N°02 Ivoire Lumière, €37, limited edition).
The Givenchy MakeUp Mister Light Instant Light Corrective Pen #4 Mister Macaroon highlights the internal eye corner with its golden mother-of-pearls, but also the upper cheekbones, brows, and Cupid's bow (Spring/Summer Collection 2018 ‘Coutures Outlines', €33, limited edition as from January 29).
Ariane Le Febvre© CosmeticOBS-L'Observatoire des Cosmétiques